Workshop: Intro to NFTs for Artists In Vancouver, May 7th, 2022

I’m happy to announce that we’re confirmed to be running an intro to NFTs event for artists in Vancouver on May 7th. I’m organizing along with @rachaela and @Michy.

EcomSquare is the venue sponsor, so we’ll have lots of room between the commerce cafe downstairs and lots of hot desks.

Please DO share this with artists that you think would benefit from this. We aim to get them educated about blockchain opportunities and considerations, and then hands on workshop to get set up with their first wallets, and a workshop to look at basic minting.

This is no charge for artists, but we do have limited space, and will be reviewing applications.

Volunteers

We are looking for volunteers! Leave a comment or DM me if you want to help.

One thing we can use is mentors: if you’re comfortable with wallet setup and helping people get setup, we’d love to have a high ratio of mentors to artists.

Sponsors

For the in person day, we’d love to bring in lunch and have some nibbles for the end of day social. Get in touch if you want to be a Lunch or Social sponsor.

I’m going to set up a Gnosis SAFE as a donation address. We intend to gather some Ethereum, Polygon, and Tezos to distribute to artists so they have some funds for basic minting and experimentation.

Stretch Goals

We have some ideas for follow on activities, like an artist DAO that pools NFTs and jointly markets and sells together. I’d love to have someone pick a DAO framework and run with this.

We may also have the opportunity for an in person NFT show in a gallery or pop up space.

More details on agenda, speakers, and more soon.

Sweet, I am registered am happy to volunteer. I have set up my own wallet and happy to support wherever I can around this as well.

1 Like